Frequently Asked Questions
With the large number of e-mails that are received every day, it is to be expected that a few questions are asked more than once. In order to save time (both yours and mine) here are a few questions relating to the site and Kids TV in general that are forever clogging the inbox...
Kids TV Related
- What was the programme with T-Bag in it?
- What was the programme with the girl who spoke to her father through a box and could stop time?
- What was the name of Jamie's dog in Jamie and the Magic Torch?
- Who were the two old guys who heckled The Muppet Show?
- Are you a television station?
- Can you get (name of programme) back on the TV?
- Why do you only list 70s and 80s shows?
- What about Airwolf, A-Team, etc. etc.
- How can I get in touch?
- What is your favourite show?
- Do you have any jobs going?
- Some of your content isn't that child friendly is it?
Kids TV Related
What was the programme with T-Bag in it?
That'll be "T-Bag" and "T-Bag Strikes Back".
What was the programme with the girl who spoke to her father through a box and could stop time?
"Out Of This World", mainly shown in the mornings during the school holidays but once shown on a Saturday morning.
Who were the two old guys who heckled The Muppet Show?
Statler and Waldorf. Waldorf is the one with the moustache.
Are you a television station?
No, this is just a website where people can come and reminisce and remember how good television programmes made for kids used to be.
Can you get (name of programme) back on the TV?
No, I have no link with any television studio or broadcasting company. A number of companies have been able to release stuff onto DVD so I suggest this is where you start looking.
Why do you only list 70s and 80s shows?
1. It was the era when I watched children's television so is the era I remember most.
2. It was those innocent years between the time TV companies realised they really ought to output some decent programmes for children and the time where the thought that they ought to output some really decent programmes for children, but sell toys and merchandise alongside them (He-Man, we're looking at you!).
What about Airwolf, A-Team, etc. etc.
These aren't really kids TV shows are they? Check out the "We Also Watched" section to view the "family" shows that we used to watch, coming soon!.
What is your favourite show?
Grange Hill (until Gripper Stebson left), Star Fleet, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Chorlton and the Wheelies and The Muppet Show.
Do you have any jobs going?
The only job we have is for contributors, and that is voluntary.
Some of your content isn't that child friendly is it?
It's not really meant to be. Most of the children who watched the programmes mentioned here will be will now be in their 20s, 30s and even 40s (gulp!) so the site is aimed at them. There isn't much to offend younger surfers but they might not get all of the references used.
You've recently updated the site, when was the last major update?
I don't know for certain but one of the jobs I had to do was to remove the mention of "VHS" when refering to stuff you could buy from Amazon.
©1998 - 2017 kids-tv.co.uk